To ensure that the best practice is followed by this club we shall work closely with the Clare County Board and follow the guidelines as laid down in the Child Welfare and Protection Policy Statement as drawn up by the GAA:
- Recognise that all children have the right to be protected from harm
- Respect the rights, wishes, and feelings of all children in our club
- Ensure that all our coaches and volunteers are chosen with care and are made aware as to their responsibility for the wellbeing of children in their care.
- Respond swiftly and appropriately to safeguard the welfare of children who participate in our games and related activities by having clear reporting procedures
- Provide parents/guardians and children with the opportunity to voice any concerns they may have through a complaints procedure.
- Appoint a Children Officer in the Club
- Appoint a Designated Person in the Club who will liaise with the statutory authorities and with the GAA County Designated Person, as deemed appropriate
- Ensure that allegations of abuse of young people are confidentially dealt with in accordance with the Guidelines for Dealing with Allegations of Abuse as published by the GAA, and with statutory guidelines and relevant legislation
- Review the effectiveness of our Child Protection procedures and policies on an on-going basis
- Ensure that all our coaches, mentors and club officers are Garda Vetted.
- Ensure that coaches, team mentors, and club officers sign up to and adhere to the GAA Code of Behaviour.
Newmarket on Fergus Children’s Officer: – Sinead Burke Keogh 087 8309722.
The following Privacy Information is being provided to you as outlined in the General Data Protection Regulation.
It is intended to inform you of how the Personal Information provided on this form will be used, by whom and for
what purposes. If you are unclear on any aspect of this form, or want any further information, please contact the
GAA ASSOCIATIONS Data Protection Officer.
Who is the data controller?
The Club and the GAA Associations are Joint Data Controllers of the Personal Data and contact details for the
Club are as follows:
Cora Caithlín GAA, Newmarket on Fergus (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Who is the Data Protection Officer for the GAA ASSOCIATION’S and the Club?
Our Club Data Protection Officer can be contact at email@example.com. You can contact our associations
Data Protection as follows if you have any questions or wish to make any request in relation to your Personal Data.
GAA – firstname.lastname@example.org | LGFA – email@example.com | Camogie – firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the purpose of processing my Personal Data?
The purpose for processing your Personal Data is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract in order to
register and maintain your membership with the Club and the GAA ASSOCIATION’S. The purpose is also to keep
you informed of GAA ASSOCIATION’S events and fundraisers. We will only use your personal data for this second
purpose if you have provided your explicit consent for this by ticking the boxes on this form and signed below those
Will anyone else receive a copy of my Personal Data?
Your Personal Data can be accessed by certain members of the County Boards, Provincial Boards and National
Administrative function in Croke Park. This will be done in accordance with our data protection policy only. In the
event of an injury claim, details of your claim which will include your Personal Data will be passed to the GAA
ASSOCIATION’S’s Injury Fund Administrator.
Where is your Personal Data stored?
Your data will be stored electronically on the GAA ASSOCIATION’S Membership Database which is provided by
Servasport Ltd, 11th Floor, Causeway Tower, 9A James Street South, Belfast, BT2 8DN.
Who is Servasport Limited?
Servasport Limited is a “data processor” who hosts the database on which your information is stored. We have a
contract in place with Servasport Limited to ensure your Personal Data is stored safely and securely.
How long will your Personal Data be stored for?
Your Personal Data will be held for the duration of your Membership and it will be deleted by us in the event that
you resign your Membership or you are expelled in accordance with the Official Guide. However we may retain
your Personal Data after your Membership ceases if we decide that it is strictly necessary to do so in the
circumstances in accordance with our data retention policy which can be found on our website. (www.nogfaa.com)
How can I obtain a copy of the Personal Data held by the Club/GAA ASSOCIATION’S?
You have the right to request a copy of all of your Personal Data and can do so by contacting us. This information
will be provided to you within one month.
What are my privacy rights relating to my Personal Data?
You have the right to have your Personal Data updated, rectified, or deleted if you so wish. You have the right to
object to your Personal Data being processed and to withdraw your consent to processing. You can do so by
contacting us by e-mail at email@example.com
Where can I get further information?
Further information regarding your rights can be obtained through the Office of the Data Protection
Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, or on the website www.dataprotection.ie
How do I make a complaint or report a breach?
Should you wish to make a complaint or report a breach under in relation to your Personal Data, you can do so by
emailing the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.